Friday, February 9, 2007

Good Firday? I Think So!


So after having kind of a rough week, Friday has been good. Had one class at 8:30, Hebrew. Took my second quiz of the year. Thought I did pretty good. Then I saw Carson Brisson in the Belk center and he looked at me and stopped and talk for a bit. He said to me "Ms. Mitchell you are good at Hebrew (while pointing at his head). You did very well this morning and I'm going to raise the bar for you, I want to see 100's the rest of the term from you!" So I have lots of studying to do in order to live up to that bar. I love Carson he is a great professor and knows how to make you feel good about your efforts and encourages you. He is definitely one of my favorite professor here on campus.

I went to the library because I saw an opening to work at in the Library's IRC (Institutional Resource Center (media)). So I went to talk to Ann Knox about the job because I desperately needed a job to help pay all my bills, have money for food and have money to do stuff with my friends off campus. She told me what the job contained and then hired me on the spot. So I start work on Monday. She was just as desperate to have a student assistant as I was to have money. We started talking a little more and I found out that she is a graduate of Austin College class '79 and her niece is Leslie Forbes who I went to school with for like a year or two. I told her I was an '06 graduate of AC and we hit if off, I'm sure good ROO times will be had during work hours.

I have fun with friends tonight with dinner and then I have a re-match of Mario Kart with Patrick, my of fellow students who lives on the third of my building. He thinks I'm going down easy, but he doesn't know what he is up against...I'm so ready to win!!

My theological thought for now: Some people may think the world is big, and while in land mass it may be huge, I would argue from a theological frame work that the world is fairly small just like the Disney song says "It's a small world after all." People have more common with each other than we think we do or more than we like to admit. We need to suck up our pride and live in humility and community with one another. You will run into people who you will find some connection to everyday of your life...whether it be activities, movies, people, countries you lived in or visited, and even religious belief. I think there are more commonalities in religions than we let ourselves be open to and I think we are blind to those things, maybe we need to let God come heal our blindness like Jesus healed the blind man in the New Testament. I think God sees the world as pretty small as well because we are all God's children and all supposed to be brothers and sisters in Christ!

No comments: