Monday, January 8, 2007

What a way to start off a New Year

So I started off my new year sick as a dog! Not much fun at all, I've been in bed for days..makes me sad because I haven't been able to see my friends much..don't want to get them sick. I'm full of meds. right now and it's making me really dizzy. Hopefully I'll kick this illness in the butt soon!

On a more positive note, I received all my grades from my first semester of seminary. Being signed up for four classes, one those being Hebrew, I think I did pretty darn well. Here's the lay out: Made a B- in Hebrew, B in History, B in Child and Adolescents Spiritually, and a B- in Group Process. I was happy and I worked hard.

I'm now enrolled in Celtic Christianity for my J-term. It is going ok so far, the material we are reading is fairly interesting and it's cool after having spent last J-term in Scotland my Sr. year of college and touching base on a few things Celtic. It interests me because I have my family history, my great, great grandfather (I think) came over from Scotland. It's always nice to learn about family history. Living in Richmond has also been neat because in the distant past our family is related to Robert E. Lee and Patrick Henry, so I'm living amongst my own history.

Being a seminary student I know how important it is to keep up with the government and things happening in the world in national politics etc. However, I find it hard to keep up with everything while trying to learn about the past as well. I don't have much time to read the newspaper or magazines, or to watch the news on T.V. If anyone has suggestions on how to keep up with daily happenings it would be much appreciated.

New Years resolutions: 1) Make this New Year more positive and use my gifts more fully. 2) Find a way to keep up with the world outside seminary.

No comments: